Tuesday, November 30, 2010

One Yummy Afternoon at Reyes Barbecue Bonifacio Stopover

I've always been a barbecue fan, it was something I had always enjoyed during family gatherings. You might say, because I'm a self-confessed "matakaw," every food served on my plate would taste delicious. Well, if that's what you think, then, you might be wrong this time. I'm such a food aficionado, but I had standards when it comes to food. I've learned that there are some food that looks good with the way they're presented but don't taste great. On the other hand, there are foods that aren't as mouth-watering in terms of presentation but when you try them, they're delicious. Before I could further discuss my passion for food, let me share with you my latest food finds.

The Reyes Barbecue branch in Bonifacio Stopover in 31st Street, Global City

I had been invited recently to a bloggers event at the Reyes Barbecue Bonifacio Stopover branch in Bonifacio Global City. I had made prior commitments that morning so I told Ms. Amity Young (a blogger herself who was then celebrating her birthday)that I would be coming late for the said event. It was really somewhat "dyahe" on my part to arrived late, especially since I'm not that type. Friends and relatives know that if I've been invited to an event, I'd surely be one of the first ones to show up. Anyway, it was a good thing that Amity and Ms. Peachy Reyes welcomed us and made us feel at home the minute we arrived. Ms. Reyes showed us the difference between their regular sized pork barbecue and their latest addition to their menu, the party-sized pork barbecue. The new pork barbecue party size is available at P250 per 10 sticks.
Mouth-watering Reyes Barbecue in new party sized with sauce on the side.

See the difference between the regular sized BBQ and the new party size?

I'm not a food expert, but I knew Reyes Barbecue rocks because it can do away with its sauce. Reyes Barbecue was tender and juicy and had that hickory barbecue flavor even without the peanut sauce. I think that's what makes it different from the rest. Other barbecue needs to have their sauces in order to be delicious while Reyes Barbecue is delicious on its own. Perhaps the secret lies in the way they have marinated the barbecue before they have them grilled. I'd have to say the same thing for their grilled squid which I had taken out for dinner. Unlike other grilled squid, theirs wasn't like eating a rubber band. My culinary professor once told us that if you're cooking squid, it's either you cook it in a low fire for a long time or cook it in a high fire but it had to be fast. Reyes' grilled squid was tender and juicy too. It was an honest-to-goodness meal and paired with their ensaladang talong, it was a perfect combination. My Mom and nephew also enjoyed their Bangus belly with achara and java rice. The bangus almost melts in their mouth.

Bloggers group: (Left to right:) Bedalyn Aguas, Jenny Roxas, Janese Halaboso and Marlyn Borje.

Bloggers Mr. Jayson Biadog and Ms. Amity Young both enjoyed their iced teas.

Bloggers group: (L-to-R:) Moi, Jenny Roxas, Janese Halaboso, and Marlyn Borje.

Reyes Barbecue's newest offering, Creamy Chicken Fettuccine.

As for their Creamy Chicken Fettuccine, I'd say it may look simple but I'd definitely give it a two thumbs up. These are the type of foods I've been talking about a while ago, that they may look simple on the way they're presented but once you get a spoonful, you're instantly hooked. As the name implies, it was indeed creamy, and it tasted good. But I'd suggest if they could serve this creamy chicken fettuccine with a garlic bread or any crunchy bread, then an order of this menu is even better. Creamy Chicken Fettuccine costs only P85 per serving. Not bad, considering you can even share this with friends. Mommy, Kyle and I shared one order because of its large serving.

Blogger FPJ with his super cute bag that holds his digicam.

Take it from the blogging expert and pioneer, Mr. Nomnom himself, Sir Jonel Uy.

Capping off the event was a brief talk by blogging expert, Mr. Jonel Uy, named as one of the most influential bloggers and founder of Nomnom Club and Letsgosago.net among the many others he created. He discussed blogging how to's and blogging ethics.He also answered questions thrown in by neophyte bloggers. Reyes Barbecue 's Ms. Peachy Reyes even held a blogging contest, they'll be giving a special prize to the first blogger who will post this event to his or her blog. And since, I am not after the prize, I am doing this blog just now.

Reyes Barbecue delivers 2any1, for orders, dial 212-12-12

Special thanks to Ms. Amity Young, Ms. Peachy Reyes and Bedalyn Aguas (for taking my pic with the group)

Pork Bbq on FoodistaPork Bbq


2 comments:

jared's mum said...

wow, sounds like you had loads of fun..too bad, i was not able to join...next event, hopefully:)

Anonymous said...

getting together for some barbecue sounds so much fun.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this pork bbq widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about pork BBQ,Thanks!

Post a Comment