Monday, May 30, 2011

Carol's Texan 5: The Best Chicken and Ribs in this side of Town!

I love the smell of grilled pork barbecue wafting through the air from our backyard each time there’s a birthday celebration in the house. I am a huge fan of pork ribs and chicken  for the longest time. I crave for those sinfully delicious treats almost 24/7. But of course, finding the right place for the best mouth-watering chicken and pork ribs had been quite a challenge especially for food bloggers like me.

I’ve been looking for an establishment that has a distinctive, intangible quality, which makes their version of the dish stand out. Some smoke, steam, boil, roast, grill, bake, sear or fry their ribs to perfection—most of them use a combination of methods. In the end though, the very best ribs touch on all the tastes your tongue can take—bitter, salty, sweet, sour and savory. There’s something so satisfyingly primal about getting a messy, red smear all over your face, gnawing on the bone of the animal that’s feeding you.  (Oops, I don’t mean to offend vegetarians and the group like PETA). Oh, and as I write this, just thinking about those foods are enough to make me want to salivate.

A friend of mine (she’s actually a culinary classmate) claims that she’s finally found what I’ve been looking for in the city of San Juan. Somewhere in Little Baguio lies this secret spot called Carol’s Texan 5. She says the ribs will totally win you over. God knows how much I’ve been yearning to go in San Juan and taste it for myself.

A friend of mine (she’s actually a culinary classmate) claims that she’s finally found what I’ve been looking for in the city of San Juan. Somewhere in Little Baguio lies this secret spot called Carol’s Texan 5. She says the ribs will totally win you over. And the chicken is really juicy up to the last bite. God knows how much I’ve been yearning to go in San Juan and taste it for myself.



You could just imagine my delight when I found out that there’s a Bloggers Buffet invites from Carol’s Texan 5 organized by TenMinutesTops.com in cooperation with ClubTravelNOW.org! It’s an exclusive event for bloggers where we could sample the signature dishes and other gustatory delights of Carol’s Texan 5. I immediately said, "I want to be a part of this!" 

I want to be invited to this Bloggers Buffet event because I'd like to meet the owner, Ms. Carol. I'm curious how she makes the best chicken and ribs in this side of town. Of course, without mentioning her secret recipes, but she could at least give me some good advice on how to make grilled meats juicier and tastier. Carol's Texan 5's dishes are personal recipes of the owner, that simply spreads by word of mouth and it's been a hit with her family and friends. Aside from that, there's nothing like having great foods enjoyed with the company of good friends from the blogosphere, right? 






I could vividly picture it out now: ultimate Texan spareribs are cooked low-and-slow over the grill, then topped with a zesty barbecue sauce. The result? Fall off the bone ribs that doesn’t need much sauce, they’re perfectly seasoned to peppery perfection and served with a side of chunky sweet potato fries or creamy coleslaw. Just looking at these photos are enough to bring you to gustatory heaven. Hmm...I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I hope to be invited....
Anyway, Carol's Texan 5 offers different services:Dine-In (To fully enjoy eating the best chicken wings and fall-off the bones ultimate Texan ribs)
  • Delivery (Yes, they deliver in selected areas such as San Juan, Mandaluyong, Ortigas and Pioneer areas ONLY.)
  • Event Food Booths (They have food booths for hire so you could still enjoy their great food at your chosen venue.)
  • Party Trays (You could order trays of your favorite Carol's Texan 5 dishes for special occasions.)
  • Function rooms (You could hold events at Carol's Texan 5 for small private gatherings and meetings.)
  • Kiddie Meal Sets (Yes, they have meal sets for the little ones.)

For more information and delivery services, 
please contact Carol's Texan 5
+63 (2) 727-3843 or +63 (922) 4850154
Email: orders@texan5.com

Carol's Texan 5 is located at 2F 713 J. Abad Santos Street, Little Baguio, San Juan. 
You could visit their website at www.texan5.com
Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/texan5






Bon appetit!


0 comments:

Post a Comment