Wednesday, September 17, 2014

LIVESTOCK Bar and Restaurant in Sgt. Esguerra, Quezon City: Home of the Most Tender Crispy Pata I've Ever Seen!


You wouldn’t think much of it at first, given the fact of its seclusion from the slew of food strips that surround that South Triangle area in Quezon City, but LIVESTOCK Restaurant seemed to stand on its own in Sgt. Esguerra street.  I’d have to say, you really need to try the kind of foods they serve here in order to understand what makes it a standout and a cut above the rest. 


Okay, so what makes Livestock different? Forgive me for raving so much about our latest food discovery. The menu here isn't only enticing but also exciting. Let me give you guys a warning: Livestock's take on the popular Crispy Pata had taken a cult among foodies. It is pretty ADDICTING, there I've said it! Now if you ever try it, don't tell me I didn't warn you, okay?


To be honest, I am not a big fan of Crispy Pata. But when you're served with the most tender Crispy Pata I have ever seen in my entire life--as proof, you can even slice them with a popsicle stick--it'll probably change your mind, the same way it had made me an instant convert. The good news is, it did not only looked good but it also tasted really, really good. The Livestock Crackling Pork Belly was also a revelation. It's rather an interesting deviation from the usual lechon. Imagine tender pork belly roll stuffed with choice herbs and roasted until crispy. Served with a choice of liver based sauce or "Pinoy sarsa" or sinamak vinegar--tangy and sour vinegar with hints of chili for an added kick. For the sauce or dip, I like to mix soy sauce, onion, garlic and chili. It packs a punch so opt for something else if spice ins't your thing. The special vinegar in itself offered a mellow kind of palate cleansing from all the pork fats you must've consumed. 



A bite into Porky Fries revealed a new sensation with smoky pulled barbecue interspersed with homemade fries in cheese sauce. We also ticked off Lemon Asparagus with Parmesan. I loved it so much that I vow to try to do it at home. I'm used to having asparagus either wrapped in bacon or cooked with oyster sauce, but we've never tried asparagus in butter and lemon with generous dash of parmesan just like the way it's served at Livestock. 


My verdict? I realized that Livestock do not scrimp on ingredients, they use high-quality and fresh meat which seemed too obvious on each bite or spoonful of whatever dish it is that you may have ordered. One could easily identify and enjoy the bursts of flavors and spices, thus making your dining experience at Livestock a memorable one. 

I am a sucker for herbs and spices and having all these ingredients cooked in ways I couldn't possibly imagined really amped the flavors. There are actually more choices to choose from on their menu. Oh, and did I mention they've got an amazing array of beers, wines and alcoholic drinks? 


Even if we felt like our jeans were about to burst, we still managed to make room for dessert!
Special mention also goes to their Bacon Ice Cream Sandwich--I haven't seen that anywhere else!--made from simple vanilla ice cream on top of honey glazed french toasts with bits of crunchy bacon strips. I love the fact that Livestock have fun and adventurous menu. 

As I write this down I could feel myself salivating…I’d definitely come back to Livestock and I'll be bringing my best friend with me when she comes home with her fiancĂ©. OMG! I’ve been raving about Livestock Bar and Restaurant for days now! I think I had a mild case of food coma! In fact, food was sooo good that it had taken quite a while for me to start writing about it and shared my experience on my food blog, simply because I'd want to keep my mind away from it first so that I could focus more on other stuff I needed to do. 

Oh, my, I wish I had all the space so I could further elaborate why you guys should come and visit this place, but perhaps you should visit the place yourselves and discover what makes it different.
By the way, Livestock Bar and Restaurant can accommodate a lot of people. They have smoking and non-smoking rooms plus an al fresco dining on the third floor, 
Be sure to come early as this place gets quite packed in the late afternoon to evening. 

Come and visit Livestock Bar and Restaurant, I assure you it’s worth all the effort and the trip. I’d love to see this place expand in the next years to come. I’d like to help them spread the good news that there is such a lovely place tiucked right in the heart of South Triangle area where people can find unbelievably delicious comfort food.

Livestock Bar and Restaurant is located at 34 Sgt. Esguerra Street, South Triangle, Quezon City. 


Disclaimer: I am not compensated for this post. Opinions expressed are 100% my own. 







1 comments:

Unknown said...

You had me at crispy pata. :-)

Post a Comment