Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Latest Food Craze: Twistix 100 % Natural Potato




It's the newest craze to hit the market today...Yes, potato chips lovers, we have a reason to rejoice! I have recently stumbled upon one of the many Twistix Potato kiosks when I met with my sister at the Gateway Mall's Food Express last week. I saw the long lines for that particular booth and I got curious. Then, I saw the thinly sliced twisted potatoes in a stick. I decided I really had to try this new food craze. I was surprised to learn later that Twistix potatoes are available in different flavors: cheese, barbecue, sour cream, pizza, ketsup, and sweet and spicy.

I asked my sister if she wanted to try Twistix too, she told me she was already full, but later on decided to try a few bites of the chips. While  waiting for my turn to order, I had just one problem...I forgot to bring my digicam as I really didn't think I'd be staying at Food Express for so long. But seeing Twistix for the first time, I regret not bringing my digicam with me so that I could take photos of Twistix myself. The ones I posted here were simply taken from the Twistix Facebook account. Anyway, enough of my desire to blog the chips.

Even TV personality and Eat Bulaga Mainstay Brazillian model Daiana Meneses is a Twistix fan.



When it was my time to order, my order was twisted in front of me. I saw how things were done and I'd have to say it was amazing. It was like seeing a flower bud bloom. I don't know, I've never seen anything like it before. Then, they had my potatoes deep fried. When it was done, they asked what flavor do I want. i love cheese but my sister likes barbecue, we asked the staff if we could have both flavors on one stick, they said it was okay. It was crunchy and tasty. I've always loved potato chips and fries. This is one heavenly snack I'd love to bring to the movies. It felt like eating barbecue sticks, except that it's honest-to-goodness potato chips you're snacking on.

Twistix caters to all ages, sizes and genders. It's for the entire family. A small order will only cost P45, for regular order P55 and a large order is only P70. That's value for money considering you can share a single stick with almost everyone.

Twistix in cheese and Barbecue flavors.

Before leaving the Gateway Food Express that night, I no longer wonder why Twistix had become a craze. Customers flock to its food kiosks because they want to grab a bite of the chips and be entertained by how potatoes are twisted right infront of them. With such unique way of presenting potatoes, Kebab-style--I bet it will soon have its cult following. I vow to try on other flavors soon...

Twistix has 25 branches in Metro Manila. You may visit them at SM Fairview, Alabang Town Center, Gateway Mall among other branches. Grab a bite of chips at a branch near you.

Special thanks to Twistix Facebook administrator for the photos. Like them on Facebook and be a fan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment