|Wok-seared "shaking" beef with onions, green and red bell peppers on a bed of green leafy veggies and fried potato strips|
1 tsp. Soy Sauce
2 tsp. Cornstarch
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. Sirloin beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tbsp. cooking oil
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 Red onion, cut into 1-inch squares
1 Green Onion, cut into 1-inch length
1 Red jalapeno (or any red large chili) sliced
1/2 Green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch squares
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch squares
1 tbsp. Fish sauce
1 tbsp. Hoisin Sauce
1 tbsp. Chili sauce
1 tbsp. Water
2 tsp. Rice vinegar
2 tsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. rice wine
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 bunch Watercress, washed and trimmed
- Combine marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Add beef, stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat sides. Add beef; cook until a brown crust forms on the edges, about 3 minutes. Remove beef and set aside.
- Add garlic, red onion and green onion and cook until fragrant, Add sliced red chili, green and red bell peppers; stir-fry for 1 minute. Return beef.
- Add fish sauce, hoisin and soy sauce; stir to evenly coat beef.
- Add rice wine and flambe beef. Add butter; mix until butter melts and is evenly distributed.
- To serve, arrange watercress on a platter and place hot beef on top.