Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Get the Limited Edition Krispy Kreme Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Doughnuts


I've been such an avid fan of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as a kid. I knew those turtles named after Renaissance art icons by heart and the colors they've known for: Leonardo (blue), Donatello (purple), Raphael (red) and Michelangelo (orange). I'm no stranger to the names Splinter, April O' Neil and Shredder either. All the characters I've mentioned above made my childhood memorable and special. So when I've heard that Krispy Kreme releases a limited edition Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles special doughnuts which had my favorite cartoon characters on them, I really got excited! Krispy Kreme in partnership with Columbia Pictures' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie launches these awesome doughnut pieces with the faces of our favorite characters: Leo, Donnie, Ralph and Mickey. Eating delicious Krispy Kreme doughnuts had never looked so cute! 

I remember having figure toys as well as other memorabilia of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Too bad, some of them have been lost due to the flooding brought about by typhoon Ondoy several years ago. I'm now thirty-something but I haven't stopped being a fan of these turtles. I even had my fingernails designed with these lovable turtles. So when I got an invite to attend Krispy Kreme's special blocked screening of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' 2014 Movie, I said yes right away! 



The movie was fantastic! It has a lot of action scenes right away so there was no room for dull and boring moments unlike other films I've seen. Although personally if I had a choice, I would've chosen another actress to essay the role of TV reporter April O' Neal rather than Megan Fox. She wasn't exactly a "damsel in distress" in the said film, but I still believe the role she has played was probably given more justice if it had been given to someone else. I was even surprised to see another Hollywood icon, Whoopi Goldberg in the film doing a cameo role as April's boss. Seeing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles come to life on the silver screen not only has allowed me to reminisce my childhood but it had also given me the chance to re-introduce the well-loved characters of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to my beloved Kyle.


Well, Kyle basically knew who they were since I've already passed on my remaining Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys to him. He had also seen their mascot counterparts at events held by his favorite cable channel, Nickelodeon.  However, seeing these totally awesome turtles in a movie was something new to him. Kyle began to understand each turtle's backstory, how they got these superpowers, their mutation, who had saved them and their connection with TV reporter April O' Neal. He even had his own favorite turtle now--Kyle loved Donatello for his brilliance on gadgets and anything techie related. For me, I had always been a Mickey fan for he's the one responsible for bringing the house down each time with amazing punchlines and he's the funniest/naughtiest of them all. 

Kyle and I went home that night filled with happy thoughts as we talked about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles some more such as our favorite scenes from the film etc. And it's nice to do those things as we munched on our Donatello and Raphael designed face doughnuts from Krispy Kreme's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles limited edition doughnuts. 


So Mommies, what are you waiting for? Get those cute Krispy Kreme Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles doughnuts now while they last. Krispy Kreme TMNT Doughnuts will only be available for a limited time, so you guys better be hurry before they're gone! Don't worry about it being colored green and all. Krispy Kreme's TMNT Doughnuts had that same sweetness of Krispy Kreme's Original Glazed doughnuts but with a few distinction--it had that crispy candy-icing on top (from the TMNT mask) which made eating Krispy Kreme's TMNT Doughnuts even more exciting and fun for kids and those kids-at-heart to eat! 

Grab those Krispy Kreme TMNT Doughnut boxes now at your favorite Krispy Kreme store before they're gone and be ready to scream for Cowabunga! 

Xoxo,




Disclaimer: I am not compensated for this post. Opinions expressed are 100% my own. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment